Friday 1 April 2016

Classic Children’s Literature Event for the Month of April





This is the second year in a row I'll be participating in the Classic Children's Literature Event hosted by Amanda at Simpler Pastimes.  During the month of April read as many Children's Classics as you wish, post about them on your blog and then link your post up at Simpler Pastimes. There is also an optional read-along title, Emile & the Detectives by Erich Kastner. It's not too late to join up, the rules are simple i.e. read a Children's Classic/Classics written prior to 1966 & write a bit about it. So come and check it out.
I hope to read at least two books this month for the challenge and I'll add them here as I decide on the titles.

1)  Sir Nigel by Arthur Conan Doyle (1906)
2)  A Little Bush Maid by Mary Grant Bruce (1910)
3)  Golden Fiddles by Mary Grant Bruce (1928)





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book event must be one of your favorites....children's books! You have reviewed so very good ones. After April...I'll just keep reading this genre regularly. Children's books uplift the soul!

amanda @ simplerpastimes said...

I've never heard of Sir Nigel! I look forward to hearing more about it, especially as I do enjoy Doyle's writing. Thanks for joining in!

Carol said...

I think you might be right, Nancy. There are so many excellent children's books to keep us going indefinitely!

Carol said...

Thanks for coming up with such a great idea for a challenge!